February 22, 2012

Bottled Hope

I wish that you could capture a feeling and keep it in a bottle. I've had a good two days. Two days binge free. They haven't been perfect. There have been moments of discomfort and anxiety. There have been moments where I've eaten more than I meant to. But for the most part, I've been able to keep my negative thoughts at bay. I have actually been able to COPE with imperfection. And that is my number one goal.

I haven't been as stressed as I usually am these past two days and I'm sure that's a factor in my eating. Stress seems to trigger many of my binges. But life is full of stress and I can't simply turn to food everytime life gets a little hectic. Somehow I need to remember how THESE days feel and use that when things get tough. How do you do this? I know I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment